WhatsApp seems to be ready to join the ‘dark side’. A dark theme can be beneficial for users. It relaxes the eyes if you’re one of those countless people who spend hours on their smartphones, and it saves battery.
Although it has been rumored for about a year that WhatsApp will have a dark theme, and some concluding pics came out, nothing was irrefutably confirmed. But now things had changed, and the new beta update for Android has a new option in the settings, which indicates that the dark mode may finally be ready to launch.
WhatsApp beta tester WABetaInfo confirmed that the notorious instant messaging app will receive a dark theme. The new theme was discovered along with another important upcoming update for WhatsApp, called “Disappearing Messages”. WABetaInfo has uploaded a few images that show how to activate the dark theme for the app. Under the settings tab, there will be a theme section with three options: Light theme, Dark theme and the System default. The first offers the usual white theme, the second comes with a greyish theme, and the default option will give the user the same theme used by the Android system.
The dark theme for WhatsApp is expected to arrive pretty soon on Android and iOS devices. The Facebook-owned company is going through very good times, so it’s nice to see that it brings new cool stuff for its users. These stats found on 99firms.com speak for themselves:
– WhatsApp has 1.5 billion active users in over 180 countries.
– The average user checks WhatsApp more than 23 times per day.
– 58% of users access WhatsApp several times per day
– The number of WhatsApp users in the USA is predicted to grow to 25.6 million by 2021.
– WhatsApp is the third most downloaded Android app in the world.
– There are 3 million companies using WhatsApp Business app.