When it comes to chatting apps, WhatsApp is the most popular one and there is a good reason for that. WhatsApp doesn’t only provide users with access to tens of useful features, but it can also run on all operating systems. Thanks to the cross-platform support, WhatsApp users can communicate with everyone they want. To make things even better, all versions of WhatsApp are updated regularly with improvements.
The latest update that WhatsApp’s developers have released sports the 2.17.262.0 version number and it is available for the Windows Phone version of the app. With that said, today we are going to present all the improvements that the update brings and also show everyone what they need to do in order to download it.
WhatsApp 2.17.262.0 Update for Windows Phone
Right from the start, we want to mention that the update is available to download via over the air channels. Therefore, the only thing that Windows Phone users need to do in order to access the new update is to keep their smartphones connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. Additionally, the update weighs in at only 7.0 MB.
Despite being a lightweight update that weighs in at only 7.0 MB, the update comes with lots of improvements that are taking the chatting experience that WhatsApp offers to the next level. Without any further ado, let’s check out the full patch notes.
- Improved search lets you instantly find messages, chats, and contacts. This may take a few days to show up after you update the app.
- Support for in-app notification sounds
- Various enhancements and bug fixes
- WhatsApp now opens faster
- Share Location: drop and drag pin lets you share a precise location
- You can now add captions to photos and videos
- Crop and rotate photos
- Added ability to archive chats and groups
- Each chat or group can now have its own background
- Better support for phones with high-resolution screens