The current patch, 10.7 has gone live on April 1 on the League of Legends client for Teamfight Tactics: Galaxies, and on the mobile TFT app. But the team behind the auto-battler is constantly working on improving the origins or champions and the whole system. Let’s take a look at the balance changes for TFT pushed to the PBE client so far.
Note that the following stats and details are subject to change. While patch 10.8 is in PBE, it will be play-tested and tweaked until it’s ready to go live on Wednesday, Apr 15.
Balance Changes: Traits and Units
- [New] – 6 champ bonus: 120% bonus Attack Speed, refreshed on takedown.
- [New] – 6 Champ bonus: 45% Maximum Health Shield
- [New] – 9 champ bonus: 275 Shield & 15% Damage
- [New] – 9 champ bonus: 100% chance to trigger
- [New] – 9 champ bonus: +45 Attack Damage and Spell Power
- 4 Champ Spell power increased to 45% – from 40%
- 6 Champ Spell power increased to 85% – from 80%
- [New] – 8 champ bonus: +150% Spell power
Xerath – New Champion
- Tier 5 – Cost 5 (Legendary unit)
- Traits: Sorcerer, Dark Star
- Spell: Abyssal Bombardment: Transforms, summoning meteors to strike random foes in place of his normal attacks for 6/8/45 seconds. Meteors deal 350/450/2500 magic damage upon impact and if they kill their target, all adjacent enemies take 175/225/1250 magic damage and are stunned for 1.5 seconds.
- Ability damage increased to 400/600/5000 – from 250/450/2000
System Changes Coming to TFT in Patch 10.8
In a recent Reddit thread on the Teamfight Tactics subreddit, Riot Statikk highlighted some of the changes we’ll see in patch 10.8. These changes will fix some of the current problems players have noticed in the latest set. Here’s a summary on what they’re looking to fix:
Late/end-game compositions are not as risky as they were supposed to be:
“[…] Greedily loss-streaking is paying out too well while not being nearly as risky as it ought to be.”
Predictable game flow in TFT
“We want more room for games to sometimes end faster than usual due to a strong hyperroll player taking over the game, and also on the other end of the spectrum 2 late-game titans duking it out for a good amount of rounds before one comes out the victor.”
1) We are moving more of the Player Damage back into the Surviving Units of a combat.
- Base Damage per Stage lowered to 0/1/1/2/5/10/15 – from 0/3/4/5/10/15/20
- Damage from Surviving Units increased to 2/4/6/8/10/11/12/13/14/15… – from 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10…
“Loss-streaking should still be a strategy and especially a fallback for players who get unlucky early shop rolls or are struggling to settle on a composition, but players in this scenario should be actively trying to lose by small margins rather than happily full-on open-forting.”
2) Streaks gold values are being reduced
- 2 wins -> +1g
- 3 wins -> +2g
- 4+ wins -> +3g
- 2-3 wins -> +1g
- 4 wins -> +2g
- 5+ wins -> +3g
“We’re being cautious here because we still want everyone to care about streaks, because they should matter. If there continues to be too much gold in the system, we will likely look to drain either more from here or even other sources of income.”
Remember that the current changes are now pushed to patch 10.8 on the PBE client and will probably continue to be tweaked over the course of the current patch cycle. Patch 10.8 in Teamfight Tactics and League of Legends will go live on Wednesday, Apr 15.