The current patch on Teamfight Tactics is Patch 10.8, but we’re one week away from Patch 10.9, which is now under final tweaks on the Public Environment Client (PBE) client. According to the stats we saw in PBE, it’s clear that the meta will probably change pretty soon.
Let’s not forget that this week, patch 10.8 had a mid-patch update on April 21 with a direct nerf to Dark Star and to Shaco and Syndra, which again made us rethink our strategies and builds.
Without further ado, here are the balance changes to champions and traits coming with patch 10.9 on April 29. As with all PBE patches, we might see some other tweaks or even reverts this week, so the following changes might not yet be set in stone.
New Galaxies will come to Teamfight Tactics: Galaxies when patch 10.9 rolls out next week:
- Star Cluster: 1, 2, and 3 cost units on carousels have two stars
- Treasure Trove: ALL minions and monsters drop a loot orb
Balance Changes to Champions
A few balance changes target mostly 1-cost champions and only a couple 2-cost and 3-cost champions. Nonetheless, we see most 1-cost champions like Fiora and Graves getting a much bigger buff at 3 Star-level.
- Ability stun duration increased to 1.5/1.5/3 seconds – from 1.5 at all Star-levels
- Ability blind duration changed to 3/4/5 seconds – from 4 at all Star-levels
- Ability damage increased to 200/275/500 – from 175/250/400
- Ability isolated damage increased to 600/825/1500 – from 600/825/1350
- Ability damage reduction increased to 40/80/200 – from 40/80/120
- Ability shield increased to 40/45/60% of his maximum health – from 40/45/50%
- Ability damage increased to 200/300/550 – from 200/300/500
- Ability damage increased to 300/400/700 – from 250/325/550
- Ability heal increased to 150/200/300 – from 100/150/200
- Ability range lowered to a maximum of 3 hexes – from unlimited
- Ability heal per second increased to 13/14/15% of maximum health – from 8/10/15%
- Ability damage increased to 350/500/1000 – from 250/400/800
Balance Changes to Traits
Chrono origin is getting a sort of rework, and Starship is getting better. Here’s what 10.9 brings to origins and classes:
- Chance to trigger additional attacks lowered to 30/55/100% (based on the number of Blademaster units – 3/6/9) – from 30/60/100%
- Number of additional attacks lowered to 3/5 (based on the number of Blaster units – 2/4) – from 3/6
- Bonus health changed to 350/650 (based on the number of Brawler units – 2/4) – from 300/700
- Bonus healing lowered to 15/35/60% (based on the number of Celestial units – 2/4/6) – from 15/40/65%
- [New]: All allies gain 20% bonus attack speed every 8/4/2 (based on the number of Chrono units – 2/4/6) seconds
- [Old]: All allies gain 15/35/75% (based on the number of Chrono units – 2/4/6) bonus attack speed every 4 seconds
- Bonus health lowered to 350/700 (based on the number of Cybernetic units – 3/6) – from 350/750
- Bonus AD lowered to 35/70 (based on the number of Cybernetic units – 3/6) – from 35/75
- Bonus attack speed lowered to 50/75/120% (based on the number of Infiltrator units – 2/4/6) – from 50/80/125%
- No longer grants mana when Super-Mech dies.
- Shield changed to 25/30/40% (based on the number of Protector units – 2/4/6) of maximum health – from 20/30/45%
- Shield lowered to 150/200/325 (based on the number of Rebel units – 3/6/9) – from 150/225/350
- Spell power lowered to 20/40/75/120 (based on the number of Sorcerer units – 2/4/6/8) – from 20/45/80/125
- Distributed mana lowered to 30/50 (based on the number of Star Guardian units – 3/6) – from 30 / 60
- Mana per second increased to 40 – from 20
- Critical strike health threshold lowered to 40% health – from 50%
- Bonus armor increased to 125/250 (based on the number of Vanguard units – 2/4) – from 60/250
So far, this is what we got on patch 10.9 in PBE. There may be further changes coming this week, so check back on our Teamfight Tactics: Galaxies page for updates and news. League of Legends players can check out this page for the current PBE changes to 10.9.