Chinese phone manufacturers are continuing to prove that they can compete with the South Korean and American ones. OnePlus is one company from China that remains a strong player in creating powerful smartphones, and now the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro models are receiving the Android 11 Beta update.
OnePlus just released the download links for getting the new software for the OnePlus 8 series phones. Users are free to install the update manually. But before updating, you must act with extreme caution and make a backup for all your phone’s data. OnePlus has spoken about some issues with the Android 11 beta update, as they include unavailability for Face Unlock, malfunctioning of the Google Assistant and for the video calling function, as well as the undesirable look for certain UI screens.
How to Install Android 11 beta 11 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
You can download both versions from the official website of OnePlus. Before installation, you must ensure that your phone’s battery level is above 30 percent and that you have a minimum of 3GB of storage space available.
- Download the upgrade zip package
- Copy the update package on the phone’s storage.
- Access Settings > System > System Updates > Select the top right icon > Local upgrade > Select the corresponding installation package > Upgrade >
- The update is finished when a message saying that the system upgrade was completed to 100 percent appears.
- Restart your device, and that’s all.
If you don’t like what the update does to your phone, don’t worry. OnePlus also has an option for rolling back to the local OTA update.
Both OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro were released back in April, on the same day. They are killer smartphones with powerful specs. Both of them are equipped with a Snapdragon 865 processor, 8/12 GB of RAM, video recording in 4K, 48 MP for the main camera, and more.