OnePlus’ Android 10 beta program, the OxygenOS 10, came out in May this year. This operating system (OS) is for the OnePlus 5 and 5T smartphones, meaning the third Android upgrade for the OnePlus mobile phones. However, the OS released worldwide is faulty. It looks like the latest build is full of bugs, some affecting the good function of apps making the OnePlus smartphones work at only 50% of their capability.
Overall, the OnePlus company got recognition for its good quality products. Although their products are not very cheap, the brand is still quite popular thanks to its customer orientation focus. Therefore, users have higher expectations when it comes to system updates.
The situation for OnePlus 5 and 5T is even worse. Both models came out in 2017, running on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS at that time. However, since the latest Android global update, users are complaining about their smartphones have a virus. On the other hand, OnePlus updated the OxygenOS 10/ HydrogenOS 10 on the Chinese models.
OnePlus 5 and 5T issues
We have gathered information about the current OS issues in the form of a list. Here are all the OnePlus 5 and 5T bugs:
- Problems with opening up of the Play Store app
- File manager and Gallery seem to be empty though, in reality, they are not
- All Google apps are falling out
- UPI apps not working
- The phone’s performance is seriously affected
- On charging, heats up
- Very low Battery life due to faster draining
- Frequent crash of the Settings app
- PC unable to recognize the phone when connected
- VoLTE and VoWiFi, Google Messages, Alarm, Mic, Phone Dialer, Phone Recording not working
- Problems with receipt of SMS
Although some of those issues can be solved personally, not everyone can manage to do it. Not all users are able to sort out a technical challenge, and they shouldn’t have to. We understand beta OS’ are not fully functional, but it’s been four months since the latest build release. OnePlus owners are expecting an official update, but it looks like they’ll have to wait longer.
The mobile phone company finally acknowledged the OnePlus 5 & 5T stable update delay yesterday.
“When we tested this version internally, we found a serious bug related to the communication module. The team evaluates this issue can seriously affect the user experience. Moreover, this issue required a lot back and forth with communication carrier to solve the problems collaboratively, considerably delaying the release. In turn, this made it impossible to release the next stable OnePlus 5 and 5T version on time,” said Gary C. (OxygenOS Product Lead).
However, OnePlus was not very clear on when the stable Android 10 update will be released. To be more specific, developers don’t have an exact release date yet. At least they recognized their mistakes, and we should find out more in the upcoming days.
“We will continue to do our best to solve the bug ASAP and also share the progress with you once we have an update on the release plan.”
According to an unofficial report, the OnePlus 5T Chinese models are getting a stable H2OS update. Users seem to be happy with the said update as most of the initial issues are now sorted. Here is the short description of the H2OS update:
• Fix the problem of the weak GPS positioning signal
• Fixed the problem of no sound in certain videos on Youku
• Fix the problem that the alarm does not ring when the device is off
• Fix the problem that fingerprint recognition cannot be used under certain circumstances
• Update Android security patch to 2020.06
• Added Wallet App, integrated bus/access card entrance into Wallet App, making operation more convenient
• Added WeChat payment method for bus card recharge
• Electronic anti-shake function has been added to bring you a more stable shooting experience