With a history of 9 years, MX Player is a great alternative when it comes to media streaming services. The app has around 500 million users globally and 350 million users only in its home country India. These numbers speak for themselves about how useful MX Player is, although popularity isn’t always a synonym for sheer quality.
Furthermore, MX Player is free to use, and it’s beta 1.23.2 update just arrived, improving the app even more.
Fast access for all features from the Navigation Drawer
This should easily be considered the main highlight of the new update, as it assures a more comfortable approach by the user. But let’s see the rest of the changelog, available for the moment only for India users:
- The Online Music Experience arrives for the locally downloaded music files too.
- MX Player now works better in every language
- Share support for all types of files
- Plenty of bug fixes and improvements of products
- The ability to create Playlists is now available.
Is MX Player worth installing?
The app offers plenty of exciting features, as its official Play Store presentation says:
- Hardware acceleration: this can be applied to more videos with the help of a new HW+ decoder.
- Multi-Core Decoding: MX Player is the first video player for Android which supports multi-core decoding. Test results showed that the multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% higher than single-core devices.
- Pinch to Zoom, Zoom, and Pan: You can easily zoom in and out by swiping and pinching across the screen.
- Subtitle Gestures – Scroll forward and backward for moving to next and previous text, Up and down for moving text up and down, and ultimately Zoom in and out for changing text size.
- Kids Lock – You won’t have to worry about your kids making calls or touching other apps.
If you’re one of those many people who are saying that any developer is boasting about its app, and that doesn’t prove anything, you know what? You’re absolutely right! You can, therefore, download the app, put it to the test, and convince yourself that it’s worth using it. After all, the app is free, and you have nothing to lose for doing so.