MX Player is a video player application for mobile devices and a top-of-the-line media streaming service in India. The app was designed by South Korean tech giant J2 Interactive, and it is owned by Times Internet.
The service boasts more than 350 million subscribers in India alone, and over 500 million users all over the world. In statistics carried out in 2019, MX Player was one of the top apps in the customer loyalty department, with 21 percent of users reporting that they use only this platform for video streaming.
MX Player – Key Features
Here are some of the most worth-to-mention features that MX Player boasts.
• Hardware Acceleration – This functionality can be applied to a large number of videos with the help of the brand new HW+ decoder.
• Multi-Core Decoding – The app is the first video player for Android-powered devices that supports multi-core decoding. Numerous test results stated that multi-core devices’ performance is up to 70 percent smoother than that of the single-core devices.
• Pinch to Zoom & Zoom and Pan – The interface allows users to easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the display, and the ‘Zoom and Pan’ option is also accessible.
• Subtitle Gestures – Users can scroll forward or backward to move to the next or previous text, as well as use up and down gestures. Zoom in or out to change the text size.
• MX File Sharing – MX Player allows users to transfer files without using any mobile data in a fast manner. You can share music, videos, and other types of files.
• Kids Lock – The app enables you to keep your children entertained, with no concerns about all the other apps in the device.
MX Player 1.20.8 Update
For global users, the app has released a new update, MX Player 1.20.8 version, that brings improvements in MX Share.
In the OTT section, the update adds new other languages that can be found in the ‘App Language’ category in ‘Navigation Drawer.’ Users can now watch content in the ‘Favourite Actors’ section by tapping the thumbnails below the video player and browse related content with the brand new keywords. Moreover, users now have the possibility to add songs to the ‘Favourite’ tab.
Other changes include some tweaks to the control playback speed when streaming videos, subtitles support in Chromecast, and improvements in PiP Mode.