The new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is available now for Windows and macOS! The new Edge browser is working with the website, similar to the same engine that powers Google Chrome. Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium, as mentioned, which can use the expansive collection of browser extensions available from Google’s Chrome Web Store. You need to grant the Edge browser access to Chrome extensions before you can install them. Don’t get confused, and the original Edge was built on Microsoft’s own browser engine.
Short Guide On How To Download And Set Up Microsoft Edge Chromium
How to Download and Install
- Head to Microsoft’s Edge webpage and select either Windows or macOS operating system from the download menu.
- Tap Download, tap Accept and download on the next screen, and then tap Close.
- Open the installation file in the Downloads folder and then tap through the installer screens to install Edge, if it doesn’t automatically launch.
- Once installed, Edge will automatically startup. You can import your bookmarks, autofill data, and history from Chrome browser or data from Firefox if you want, if not, you can also start from scratch. However, if you change your mind, don’t fret as you can always go back and import your data later.
Set up Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Choose the look of the browser: Inspirational, Informational or Focused, and tap Next.
- If you have multiple devices running the new Edge, on the next screen, the browser will ask if you want to sync your data across devices. Tap the toggle for Yes or No and then tap Next.
- If you want Microsoft to personalize your browsing experience toggle Yes or No and then tap Confirm.
- Once you have the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser installed, you can also add extensions such as Grammarly or Honey from the Microsoft Store.