If you’re passionate about League of Legends-related strategy card games, giving Legends of Runeterra a try is practically mandatory. The newer title was developed and published by Riot Games several months ago for PC, Android, and iOS. Legends of Runeterra is also free-to-play, and its developers want to make the digitally collectible card game even better.
We have only one day more to wait until the latest expansion for Legends of Runeterra, called Call of the Mountain. The update is brought to the gaming world by Riot Games on August 26, and it will mean the start of LoR’s new bi-monthly card release cadence. There’s a three-expansion set that allows the player to explore the new region of Targon.
Test your skills across Targon
What could happen when supernatural creatures lend their powers to mortals? What ‘s the consequence if entire tribes devote themselves to cosmic objects? You’re free to find out once you roam across and explore Targon, an exciting and new region that’s being brought to the card game.
Shawn Main, who’s the set lead for Call of the Mountain, declared:
“Call of the Mountain is a wonderful opportunity to explore new areas of the League IP and an exciting update to LoR’s gameplay, giving players more ways to experience an ever-evolving array of strategies that never feel solved,”
He further added:
“We hope players will love their first experience with Targon as they discover new decks and ways to revamp classic ones.”
Discover new cards, champions, and keywords
89 new cards
- 51 cards for Targon and 38 for other regions
7 new Champions
- 4 champions for Targon – Leona, Taric, Diana, Aurelion Sol
- Trundle (Freljord), Nocturne (Shadow Isles), Lulu (Ionia)
6 new keywords
- Behold: Bonus if you have a type of card in play or hand (bonus dependent on card text).
- Spellshield: Negates the next enemy spell or skill that would affect me.
- Daybreak: Bonus if this is the FIRST card you play in a round (bonus dependent on card text).
- Fury: When I kill a unit, grant me +1|+1.
- Invoke: Pick a Celestial card from among 3 to create in hand.
- Celestials are a special pool of created cards representing the constellations above.
- Nightfall: Bonus if this is NOT the first card you play in a round (bonus dependent on card text).
Other relevant info about the amazing Legends of Runeterra game can be found while accessing the follosing links: