The official Patch 0.9.1 Notes for Legends of Runeterra have just been released. In a blog post from Riot’s Engineering Manager Exis, we learn that this patch doesn’t bring card updates, but even if it’s small, it does come with new content, bugfixes and more.
Animations Get Faster
According to the players’ feedback, the animations will be faster. Drawing, summoning, passing your turn, and starting a new round will now be faster to make the game feel a little snappier. In time, we’ll also see some other tweaks to a few slow card-specific animations or interactions.
You will see the animation speed for the following actions is much faster and some effect buffers were removed so that game actions have increased responsiveness:
○ Summoning units.
○ Drawing cards.
○ Dragging units out to attack.
○ Playing Fast & Slow spells.
○ Playing Burst spells.
○ Initiative token flip at the beginning of rounds.
The new content in patch 0.9.1 includes new boards and guardians:
New guardian available: Minion
New boards available: Jinx and Garen
Guardians got improved:
- Silverwing and Gloomtooth make fewer noises while idle.
- Basilisk’s tail and Gromp Jr’s legs no longer clip through certain boards.
Friend Challenge XP
Players would use friend challenge to spam surrender so they could trade the wins and this is why the last patch has seen a huge friend challenge XP nerf. This time, it’s getting a buff so that friends can enjoy playing together once again. Here’s how the system works now:
- Win XP: 100 → 200
- Loss XP: 0 → 100
- XP gains capped at five wins (unchanged) and five losses per day.
The devs explain that the future beta patch will come with more systemic changes to friend challenge XP.
According to the official patch notes, we will see “pips” in the deckbuilder:
- Card counts now represented by “pips” (you’ll know em when you see em) that better communicate copies owned, copies not owned, owned copies used in deck, and owned copies not used in deck.
Since Legends of Runeterra is still in the open beta, we can expect a bunch of bugs and bugfixes to come with each patch. Here’s what bugs have been squashed with Patch 0.9.1:
- Repeatedly hovering Region Road rewards no longer causes shadows to steadily consume the screen. Spooky.
- Muting AI opponents will now properly hide their emotes.
- The Rekindler and The Harrowing will no longer revive Champions that only had their unique spell cast.
- Champions will now properly level up if they return from being Detained after their level up condition was met while they were Detained.
- Twin Disciplines now displays correct effect text when selecting Discipline of Fortitude.
- Players should no longer get stuck on the loading screen when signing out of League of Legends while signed into LoR.
- Players logging into LoR from different devices should encounter fewer crashes.
Read more details on the official blog post from Riot here.