IGTV is a standalone video app that also runs on Instagram. However, this app remembers the watch history data. Therefore, some are wondering how to delete it. This article is a guide to help you through the process. The good news is that the process doesn’t take long. There are more ways to make it happen, so just make sure to follow the steps accordingly.
How to delete your IGTV history Guide
There is no official option to delete the IGTV videos history. However, there are a few alternatives that could work. Let’s start the first process.
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to the Instagram IGTV section
- Now you should see the most popular IGTV videos
- In front of the popular videos are different tabs
- Access the History tab
- Open one of the videos from your history
- Next, look for the three-dotted button and click on it
- After the small menu pops up, tap on See fewer posts option
As I mentioned in the beginning, the steps are easy to follow; however, it doesn’t work in bulk. Meaning you will need to follow the steps above for each of the videos in your history. Once you complete the steps, your video should no longer be available in your IGTV history.
The first process may not work in all cases, so I have a second option for you. But before showing you the second method steps, make sure you have a good wi-fi connection. Try exiting the Instagram app, get rid of the app tabs opened in the background, and repeat the first steps.
The second option I have for you is to delete the Instagram app’s cache memory. In order to do so, follow the below steps:
- Go to your phone’s Settings
- Tap on the Applications section
- Find the Instagram app option and click on it
- Next, find the cache memory and tap on it
Once you click on Instagram’s cache memory option, you may need to confirm you want to delete it. In case the confirmation message doesn’t pop up, don’t worry. It means your phone automatically deletes it.
If neither of the two processes is working, I suggest you uninstall the Instagram app and reinstall it after a short time. Once you install the app, try following the above steps again.