Minecraft is receiving regular updates that improve it and make it a more immersive experience for players. Every update that comes should automatically download, but if you missed one, you can manually install it.
If you want to get the latest Minecraft update on your Xbox 360, the guidelines below are explaining exactly how to do so.
Test Your Connection
Before updating to the latest version of Minecraft, you must check your connection. Make sure you are linked to the Xbox Live account and have a stable Internet connection. Here is how to test your connection.
• Click on the guide button, then head to settings and tap on the ‘System’ option
• Navigate to ‘Network Settings’ and select ‘Wired Network’ or the name of the Wi-Fi network you are connected
• Tap on the ‘Test Xbox Live Connection’ button
Update Minecraft on Xbox 360
Insert the CD/USB and launch the app; the game will automatically download and ask for an install. If you have a digital copy of the game, simply install it on your device and launch it in order for the update window to show up. However, if you are having trouble with the downloading or installing process, there are a few ways to fix that. Some include cleaning the cache memory or reinstalling the game.
Clear the Cache
• Tap on the ‘Guide’ button on your controller
• Head over to ‘Settings’ and select ‘System Settings,’ then tap on ‘Storage’ or ‘Memory’
• Select a storage device and press ‘Y’ or ‘Device Options’ on your controller
• Press on the ‘Clear System Cache’ button, and then on ‘Yes’ when asked to confirm
Reinstall the Game
Removing Minecraft from your device will also delete all your game information. If you want to save it, copy the saved files to an Xbox 360 Memory Unit or USB flash drive. If you are subscribed to Minecraft Gold, you can upload the data on the cloud.
• From the Xbox Dashboard, head over to ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘System’
• Choose ‘Storage,’ then ‘Memory Unit’
• Select the option ‘Games and Apps’
• Find ‘Minecraft’ and press ‘Y’ on your controller
• Press on ‘Delete’
If you have the game on a disc, insert it and install the game. If you have a digital copy of the game, download it and reinstall it on the console. Copy the information you earlier saved and launch the game. Then, download the latest update when prompted.
Direct Modem Connection
If your console connects to the Internet via a router, try plugging it in directly into the modem. Sign-in into your Xbox Live account and launch the game, then choose to download the update when prompted to do so.
If you cannot get the update through a direct connection, there might be an issue with your router. It is best if you’d connect the router manufacturer to fix the problem.
The Bottom Lines
This is a complete guide on how to update Minecraft on Xbox 360. Updating the game is a rather easy process, but some small errors during it can create trouble. Simply follow the steps mentioned above, and you should be able to get the latest update of the game on your console.