Google Chrome is the most used web browser currently accessible on the internet. With millions of users, the browser boasts with its popularity and easy-to-navigate interface that draws more people to it.
Not many Chrome users know that the web browser can be customized. With the aid of Chrome version 77, one can personalize their browser with just a few clicks. To utilize this trick, users must ensure they have installed the latest version of the web browser.
How to Customize your Chrome Browser
As this month started, Google updated its Chrome variants for Android, Windows, iOS, and Linux. The following month is expected to bring around a new theme and tab management for the Google Chrome 77 browser, as announced by the developer itself. The older version of the web browser doesn’t allow users to create the new tab page, but the 77 version of Chrome features more options and controls.
With Chrome 77, users are able to change the background color of the browser, as well as customize the colors of it. Here are a few steps that will instruct you on how to do it.
- To enable customization for the browser, head to Google Chrome and type in the URL bar ‘chrome://flags‘
- Type ‘NTP’ in the search box that will appear on the ‘Flags’ page
- Enable the ‘NTP Customization Menu Version 2,‘ as well as the ‘Chrome Colors Menu’ flags
- Click on the ‘Relaunch Now’ option
- Restart the browser and tap on ‘Customize’ in a new tab. The page will show numerous customization options that allow you to create a unique theme.
- Choose the ‘Color and Theme’ option, and go for the color combination of your like
- Once you’ve chosen the color combination, tap on the ‘Shortcuts’ tab.
- Select which shortcuts to display on the new tab
The instructions above should easily help you customize Google Chrome according to your taste. If you have any difficulty following those steps, feel free to share it in the comment section below, and someone will get to you to help you with the process.