The Garena Free Fire OB23 update is almost here, as we only have to wait for the beta testing to complete. The update, known as ‘3volution,’ is based completely on the third anniversary of the title; it comes with a new character, a new pet, a brand new mode, and a weapon, among other additions.
The release date, along with the time window, has been announced by the developers. Here are the details.
Garena Free Fire OB23 Update – Release Date
The Garena Free Fire OB23 update will launch on July 29th at 7.30 a.m. EDT (4.30 a.m. PT), after the maintenance process completes. Players will be able to download the upcoming build from either Google Play Store or Apple App Store, with the size of it assumed to be around 350MB.
The latest update will feature a new character named Luqueta, and a soccer star who will increase the maximum HP with each kill to a specific number.
The Garena Free Fire OB23 update will also add a new penguin pet named Mr. Wagger, the Convoy Crunch mode, an AUG weapon, and more. The much-hyped Plan Bermuda will also be unveiled, together with Bermuda Remastered or the Bermuda 2.0 map. The in-game lobby and waiting island will also receive an anniversary-themed design. There will also be a plethora of other improvements to make the gameplay more exciting.
Free Fire – Maintenance Break Details
As we already mentioned, the game’s servers will go through a maintenance period before the Garena Free Fire OB23 update will go live. During that period, as we already know, no one will be able to access the game.
Here are is the date and time the maintenance break will start and eventually end:
Start time: 11.30 p.m. EST(July 28th)/8.30 p.m. PT (July 28th)/9:30 a.m. IST (July 29th)
End time: 7.30 a.m. EST (July 29th)/4.30 a.m. PT (July 29th)/5:00 p.m. IST (July 29th)
Garena Free Fire OB23 Update – Patch Notes
We also have the complete official patch notes for the upcoming Garena Free Fire OB23 update. Here they are:
- New Character – Luqueta: Every kill increases the maximum HP by (8/10/12/14/16/18), up to 35
- New Character/Pet – Mr. Wagger: When a player has less than (1/1/2) Gloo Wall grenades, Mr. Wagger can generate 1 Gloo Wall grenade every (120/100/100) seconds
- New Weapon – AUG: An assault rifle available in Classic and Clash Squad (Rank & Classic). The gun will come with a pre-attached 2x scope and 35 rounds magazine
- New item – Revive Kit: Players will be able to restore combat ability by employing the revive kit while downed. They will be revived with 100 HP after using the Horizaline, but they won’t stop bleeding
- New Spawn Island – The Runway: A third anniversary-themed spawn island will be available
- New Training Ground: Vehicles and Gloo walls are now available on the training ground together with other improvements such as the separation of shooting range and practice zone, and so on
- Hayato – Firebrand (coming soon): Players will receive this awakened character for free in the 3rd-anniversary event on August 22nd
- Plan Bermuda or Bermuda Remastered: Players will see the Plan Bermuda in the upcoming update. The Bermuda map will add some new places
Other Additions and Improvements
- Rank Season 2 will kick off on July 30th
- Aim assist will now give priority to players who are in combat – in Clash Squad only
- Crouch and Uncrouch Mechanism
- New Driving Mechanism – vehicles see a speed adjustment
- Players will descend faster when they’re above 38 meters in altitude
- Added a restriction on the amount of health that can be restored per second
- Weapon enhancements
- There’s a new management system as well
- A new match summary page for Clash Squad and Gun King
- Players will be able to send a system-generated link to invite friends to join their party