Hello, Apple users! We are about to guide you on how to reset your iPhone or iPad, so before you hit ‘erase,’ have a look at the steps below.
Before you wander off and reset your iPhone, do try restarting your phone first. The soft reboot won’t cause any loss of your data and apps on your device. So if your phone freezes up, try restarting it first.
Make a Backup
Follow the steps below to make a backup on your device, choosing either iCloud or iTunes or on the iOS device itself.
- Navigate to the iCloud menu on your device, it’s under Settings > iCloud, and then hit backup.
- You’ll be able to check when the last backup was. Apple’s devices do this regularly when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Tap Back Up Now to make an up-to-date backup of your data.
To make a backup using iCloud with iTunes from a PC or Mac, follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac using the charging cable.
- Click on the iPhone or iPad icon in iTunes and follow the on-screen instructions to complete a backup.
How to Factory Reset iPhone and iPad Devices
Let’s now proceed with the full factory reset steps for either iPhone or iPad:
- Go to Settings > General, Reset, and then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- You will have to type in your passcode to confirm that it’s you who wants to perform the factory reset.
- You can tap Back up then Erase. If you have just backed up, you can go straight to Erase.
- Next, you will need to enter your Apple ID and Password to confirm the factory reset.
- You can also do this through iTunes if you have connected your device to your computer via the charging cable.
This method is the way to reboot your device as a brand new iPhone or iPad tablet. Wheater you want to sell your gadget, recycle it, or give it away, this is the safest method to do things right. Of course, you can also restore the back up made.