Facebook is one of the most used social media platforms all over the globe. With over 2.45 billion active users per month in the third quarter of last year, the platform had an increase in the user base of more than 55 million new active subscribers when compared to previous quarters.
Facebook’s Key Features
The app has initially introduced brand new features and functionalities at that time, and what it once was unique is now common due to the apparition of other social media platforms. However, Facebook has managed to keep its features quite fresh because of all the updates it regularly rolls out.
Here are some key features of Facebook that have become its signature functionalities.
• Connect with friends and family and meet new people from all over the world
• Write status updates and use Facebook emojis to help better express what’s going on in your world
• Share images, videos, and your favorite memories
• Receive notifications when friends like or comment on your posts
• Look up local social events, and make plans to meet up with your friends
• Play games individually or with any of your Facebook friends
• Backup photos by uploading them in albums
• Follow and stay up to date with your favorite artists, websites, and companies’ news
• Search for businesses to see reviews, operation hours, and photos
• Use Facebook Marketplace to buy and sell locally
• Watch live videos on the go
Facebook also allows users to subscribe to favorite celebrities, brands, artists, or sports teams to get a glimpse of their newsfeed and latest happenings. The app makes it easier to watch live streaming videos to stay updated with the most recent news, no matter your location.
The most amazing desktop features of the social media platform are also accessible on the mobile app. These include writing on timelines, linking images, looking up people, and editing the profile, or create groups.
Facebook 253.0.0.28.116 Update
The app developers released a new update, Facebook 253.0.0.28.116 roll-out, that brings improvements to the app’s performance and fixes some bugs.