BSPlayer is one of the most renowned media players for Android mobile devices and tablet PCs. The player is a top hardware-accelerated video player created especially for Windows, by the Slovenian tech company Webtech.
The video player was, and still is, one of the most used media players in the world, with more than 70 million computer users all over the globe. BSPlayer supports various types of media files, including AVI, MPEG, Ogg, Matroska, ASF, QuickTime, MP4, WAV, mp3, and so on. The player comes in two different versions: free and pro.
BSPlayer’s Main Features
The media player has numerous useful features, which made it popular in the first place. BSPlayer packs multi-core – dual and quad-core – HW decoding support, which enhances the playback speed greatly, something, not all the medial players out there have.
Here are a few other significant features of BSPlayer.
• It allows background playback in a popup window; to access it, long-tap on the ‘Back’ button
• Packs hardware-accelerated video playback which enhances speed and decreases battery consumption
• Has multiple audio streams and subtitles support
• Offers playlist support and different playback modes
• It supports external and embedded subtitles such as ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt., and so on
• Is able to find subtitles automatically via mobile data or Wi-Fi connection
• Can playback media files such as videos and mp3’s directly through Wi-Fi from network shared drives or folders
• Is able to playback files straight from uncompressed RAR files
• Provides users with the option to lock the screen in order to prevent accidental change of videos
• Packs support for USB OTG (on-the-go), including Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller, and so on.
The free version of BSPlayer is ad-supported. The complete version of the video player without ads, which also packs extra features and functionalities, can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
BSPlayer 3.08.222-20200215 Update
The team of developers is constantly releasing updates in order to enhance the application, so it offers a better and smoother user experience. The latest roll-out, BSPlayer 3.08.222-20200215 update, fixes an issue when playing m3u, pls playlist over HTTPS, and also brought some stability improvements and various bug fixes.
In addition, it also addressed the issue on some devices on which HEVC was not functioning, even if the device supported it.