Ever since people started to hear and invest in Bitcoin, numerous wallets for the cryptocurrency have appeared. The standard Bitcoin Wallet is one of the safest and easy to use wallets for digital currencies as it focuses on just Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Wallet is the first mobile Bitcoin app that appeared while millions of people just started to invest in the crypto coin. The app was launched back in 2011 and is still one of the most used cryptocurrency wallets all over the world.
For a bit of background, if you want to buy Bitcoin or any other digital currency, you’ll need to also have a wallet where you can securely store your coins or tokens. Bitcoin Wallet is specifically made for Bitcoin, and it doesn’t support any other currencies, but there are other wallet apps that do. If you are just starting out, the most important thing to do is to acquire a safe and secure, de-centralized wallet for your digital currency.
Bitcoin Wallet’s Features
Since the app is one of the most used in the world to store Bitcoin, it offers great features. Here are some worth-to-mention features the wallet packs.
• Requires no registration, nor a web service or cloud
• This digital wallet is de-centralized and peer-to-peer
• It doesn’t support other alt-coins or tokens, but only focuses on Bitcoin
• Shows the Bitcoin amount in BTC, mBTC, and µBTC
• Allows conversion to and from national currencies
• Enables users to send and receive Bitcoin via NFC, QR codes or Bitcoin URLs
• Even when you’re offline, you can still pay via Bluetooth
• Sends system notification for received coins
• Scans paper wallets, for instance, those used for cold storage
• Offers an app widget for Bitcoin balance
• Is all about safety, as it supports SegWit and the new bech32 format
• Focused on privacy, as it supports Tor via the separate Orbot app
Bitcoin Wallet 7.66 Update
The wallet app receives regular updates in order to keep it safe and easy to use, as well as to offer the best experience for its users. The latest updates brought some changes to the application, such as the removal of the ability to directly add an address to the contacts book from the clipboard due to safety concerns.
The most recent release, Bitcoin Wallet 7.66 update, now allows multiple trusted peers by separating them with a space character.